Mikkeller is first and foremost about beer. A world of hops, malt, barrel ageing, spontaneous fermentation, licorice, coffee, passion fruit, cherries, chili, cocoa etc. But it is not only about beer. We also run bars, restaurants, beer and music festivals and a running club with 200 chapters around the world. We do a load of fun projects and collaborations with talented and innovative people from the wondrous world of gastronomy and culture. We have more than 35 different venues around the world and export our micro-brewed beers to 50 countries. Our first bar opened in Copenhagen in 2010 and since then we have opened many more bars around the world. Mikkeller bars strive to be the best in the world. This means that everything from staff and interior to beers and food must be world class.
This Autumn, we will open our first bar in Norway in the center of Oslo and we are looking for the person to help us establish the bar and run it.
The person we are looking for has a wide range of qualifications under the headlines Bar Manager and Project Manager.
The first phase of the job will be from July 1st or August 1st until the opening of the bar in October. In this period, we need you to overlook a wide range of activities, e.g.:
- Administrative work e.g. related to obtaining various licenses and contact the local authorities
- Being the coordinating link between HQ, local contractors and Mikkeller designers in the building process
- Recruitment of staff and finding various service suppliers
The second phase – and long term role will be as Bar Manager of the Oslo bar. The Bar Manager is responsible of every aspect of running the bar including:
- Staff: Recruiting, training and scheduling
- Service: Ensuring an outstanding guest experience at the bar
- Admin: Building and maintaining processes around serving/cleaning/maintenance, ordering beverages/snacks/merchandise, accountable for the budget, daily/weekly/monthly reporting to Mikkeller HQ
- SoMe: Developing and maintaining a solid Social Media profile for Mikkeller Oslo
What we value in a Bar Manager:
- Strong leadership skills
- Good understanding of running a profitable business
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very busy environment
- Enjoy developing customer relationships
- Outgoing with good communication skills
- Action oriented and organized
We would like to invite you for an interview if you see yourself as a passionate and confident leader with a natural urge to provide guests with the best possible service experience. On top of that you are able to lead others while not being afraid of getting your hands dirty. You have business smarts, enjoy working independently and you are motivated by a broad area of responsibilities.
Requirements for the position
Minimum two years of documented experience from a similar position
- We are flexible in terms of whether you start full-time as of July 1st or August 1st, but we will need at least some hours of assistance in the beginning of July to submit various licenses
- Advantage if you have already passed Etablererprøve and kunnskapsprøve
- Salary based on qualification
Resume and personal statement is to be sent to HR@mikkeller.dk
Mark subject line: “Bar Manager Oslo”
Please submit your application before June 15th 2018